Arsenal vs PSG: Emery reveals why Ozil was made captain

Arsenal vs PSG: Emery reveals why Ozil was made captain

bossman
Arsenal manager, Unai Emery, has said he handed Mesut Ozil the captain’s armband for their International Champions Cup (ICC) victory over Paris Saint-Germain, because he believes the German can “take the responsibility”.

Ozil, 29, made his first start for the Gunners under Unai Emery this season on Saturday, and opened the scoring as they thrashed the Ligue 1 champions 5-1.

Emery was asked to explain why he named Ozil his skipper after the game.

“We are working together and giving the responsibility to the player.

“I think he can take the responsibility like a captain, but let’s not forget [Laurent] Koscielny because he is captain as well.

“Petr Cech and Aaron [Ramsey] played as captains in friendly matches. I’m thinking maybe of one more player,” he told the Mirror UK.

Source: http://www.kendogist.com/2018/07/arsenal-vs-psg-emery-reveals-why-ozil.html

Re: Arsenal vs PSG: Emery reveals why Ozil was made captain

iamnavy1
Administrator
Nice one Wenger right now